Thursday, July 7, 2011

My, how they've grown . . .

Yesterday was our oldest grandson's birthday.  Number three-oh.  I don't know if that makes him old or makes me old! Actually, I don't think either of us are old. Tomorrow is our granddaughter's birthday. She'll be twenty-six. Just doesn't seem possible.

I'm sure that it was only last week that Jack was too young to ride a bike and Cory was still in Pampers. But I guess that can't be true since these birthday numbers prove otherwise. Tempus fugit. Yep. Time flies. It's wonderful to see them all grown up, but kinda sad that the days of blowing bubbles and throwing frisbees are gone. Or, are they? Maybe when we all get together next time we can do some of the things we did when we were all younger. I'm not sure I can still toss a frisbee and make it go where I want it to go, but I'm pretty sure I can still blow a mean bubble or two.

The photo is not a new one, but I like it because they're both smiling so much. Smiling is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment